Saturday, July 31, 2010

Who is Behavior Diva?

Hi everyone!

I have been wanting to blog for the longest time, but it always seemed like a daunting task. I was talking to a friend of mine who has been blogging for years, and all of a sudden, I was hit with a wave of REALLY wanting to do this. Enough to change my behavior of thinking about it to actually doing it.

So here I am!

I am a 30-something Board Certified Behavior Analyst. I primarily work with individuals on the autism spectrum, but work with almost anyone with significant behavior issues - regardless of his or her diagnosis. I am married, have a 3 yr old little boy, and 2 teenage stepdaughters. I work full time, plus I teach Zumba for fun (and sanity!).

I present many workshops, talks, and conferences on behavior, and it is my goal to teach anyone who will listen that the principles of behavior do not just apply to people with disabilities. The science of behavior is what makes us all tick!

My favorite thing to do is to look around me, in my real life, and see the principles of behavior at work. When no one is even thinking about it. I then use those examples to help clarify the functions of behavior and how they apply to everyone.

Sound boring? I hope not! And that is the goal of this blog - to make behavior analysis FUN! Exciting!

Reinforcing!!!

= )

So welcome! I have a pretty weird sense of humor, so hopefully I won't annoy or piss off too many people......

Now - I just need to think about where I want to begin!!!!

2 comments:

  1. This was an excellent beginning!

    I share your interest in behavior analysis. You will be helping a lot of people if you can convey it in an understandable way and make it fun.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barbara! If there is anything you would like me to communicate in a clear way, PLEASE share!

    ReplyDelete